There are many preconceived notions about Pilates but the real magic of Pilates rests in the truth. Check out these 5 simple facts about Pilates that might blow your mind.
1. The mind-body exercise method is named after its creator, Joseph Hubertus Pilates.
2. Many people think pilates is a fad exercise program but in actuality it has been around over 100 years.
3. Pilates burns calories all day. This exercise method creates lean muscles and revs up your metabolism to burn calories all day.
4. There are 34 mat exercises in Joesph Pilates' original mat sequence.
5. Pilates is not only for women. This method was created by a man, but meant for everyone, including men and women, from beginner levels to advanced levels.